Sample Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Which difficulties / challenges do you have the most trouble managing?
- How do you feel about teamwork / working alone?
- What style of management do you prefer?
- What salary are you looking for?
- Have you previously done this type of work? Where? When? What?
- What training / education have you had?
- Describe your past jobs… Which job did you prefer and why?
- How do you measure / repair / maintain / do xyz?
- Demonstrate or explain how you use X piece of equipment?
- Practical tests (eg: Typing test for words-per-minute))
PROBLEM SOLVING / SITUATIONAL
- Can you provide an example of a problem you encountered in a previous job and how you went about solving it?
- What have you learned from your mistakes?
- Situational questions: If XYZ happens, what would you do?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- Why didn’t you didn’t complete high school / your college degree?
- What is your family situation?
ROLE PLAYING / PERSONALITY / PSYCHOLOGICAL
- If you were to describe yourself in five words, what would they be?
- You are doing your grocery shopping and you saw a customer shoplifting, what would you do?
- You notice a co-worker smoking up on his break, what would you do?
- Why should we hire you over somebody else?
- Rapid responses / challenges / comments about your answers.
- If you were a car / kitchen appliance / animal, which would it be and why?